We believe that God is a Sovereign God, meaning He is in control of all things. He is the creator of the heavens and the earth. God created us in His image with the purpose in mind for us to glorify, worship, and serve Him. The Bible says that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
What makes Christianity unique is its story. It begins and ends with Jesus and His ministry, death, and resurrection as the Son of God. We believe that Jesus died upon the cross for the sins of the world. He was placed in the tomb and then on the third day following His death He arose from the grave. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is our proof of victory over spiritual death, sin, and Satan.
Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” God longs to see His people enter into a relationship with Him. We believe Christianity to be all about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We are to live a life of faithfulness and obedience to our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ.
1. We believe in the only true God. We believe that the Godhead eternally exists in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (John 17:3; Matthew 28:19-20)
2. We believe in the total deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe He is God in the flesh. We believe He was born of the virgin Mary. (John 1:1, 14, 18; John 14:8-9; 1Timothy 3:16)
3. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9-17)
4. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life. We recognize no other revelation in writings other than the Bible.
(2 Timothy 3:16)
5. We believe that man was created in innocence, but by voluntary transgression fell from his sinless state. We believe that, without exception, every man needs a Savior. (Genesis 3:1-6; Romans 3:10-19; Romans 1:18, 32)
6. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a sacrifice. We believe that all who, by faith, receive Him as their personal Savior are justified by His blood. (Romans 5:8; 10:9-10)
7. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there for us, as high priest and advocate. (Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-8)
8. We believe in the future return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting life of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost. (Revelation 20:11-15; Acts 24:15)
10. We believe that the local church is a body of believers, organized to worship, walk with, work for, and witness for Christ together; that the two commands for the church are baptism (immersion) and the Lord’s Supper; that the local church is an independent and self-governing body responsible alone to Christ who is its Savior and Lord.
(1Timothy 3:15; Matthew 28:18-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)