Last updated: January 24, 2023
By using the Service, you agree to the terms of this Policy. Cornerstone Church reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or change this Policy at any time with or without prior notice to you. The date of the last update will be posted at the top of this Policy for your convenience. This Policy, and any changes, are effective as soon as posted. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to the Policy constitutes your full acceptance of those changes.
“Personal Information” is information that individually identifies you, such as your mobile phone number or user/screen name, as well as any Personal Information that you choose to include in messages you send through the Service.
What Personal Information is Collected About You
Through the use of the Service, Cornerstone Church will receive the following information from our third party service provider: your mobile phone number when you send a text message to us, the text of messages that you send to other users of the Service, any user or screen name that you select in connection with the Service, as well as any comments or feedback regarding the Service that you send to us.
How Cornerstone Church Uses Personal Information About You
We use Personal Information to (a) provide you with the Service, (b) process and respond to inquiries, (c) improve the Service, (d) and, when necessary, contact you with important announcements or messages. Each message that you send through the Service (either to us or to other users of the Service) is stored on our servers. We retain these messages on our servers. Cornerstone Church utilizes servers and services owned by third parties.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We will not rent or sell your Personal Information to other companies or individuals.
- We may use or disclose such information in any of the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We need to enforce our Terms of Service.
- We provide such information to trusted businesses or persons for the sole purpose of processing Personal Information on our behalf. When this is done, it is subject to agreements that oblige those parties to process such information only on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and appropriate confidentiality and security measures. If the third party fails to comply with our terms, Cornerstone Church is not accountable in any way for any liability or reimbursement.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights, or the legal rights of others, or defend against legal claims.
- We believe it is necessary to share Personal Information to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share aggregated information with others without further notice. An example of this would be the number of people who used the Service in a given month or the total number of texts sent in a given week.
Cornerstone Church takes precautions to ensure the security of your Personal Information, including ensuring that our third party service providers protect the security of your Personal Information. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to your Personal Information despite our efforts. You should note that in using the Service, your information will travel through third party infrastructures which are not under our control (such as a third party SMS delivery platform or your carrier network).
We cannot protect, nor does this Policy apply to, any information that you transmit to other users. You should never transmit personal or identifying information to other users.
A mobile user might opt-in by:
- Entering a phone number online
- Agreeing to Cornerstone Church communication release
Cornerstone Church’s third-party service provider gives you the ability to opt out of the Service for any reason. You can opt out by texting “STOP” or “QUIT” to (833) 457-2124.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Service, such as announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Cornerstone Church requires that users of this Service be limited to US residents only.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any additional questions regarding this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.